BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 15, 2008

I'M BACK!!!

HI!!!

I'm back from my weekend school trip to Germany. It was brilliant!!! I had such a great time.
Except for when I chipped a piece off my wrist ice-skating on Saturday which is still really sore. I went to A&E on Monday to get it checked out and my arm is now in a plaster cast and it still hurts and now itches like mad!

I told my class for months that they won't believe how loud and mad I'll be when we go to the theme park on Sunday 14th December. Needless to say, they believe me now. Not only did I get on the biggest maddest rides, I took off my scarf sling and went on the rides, knowing that I could have a badly sprained ligament or a broken wrist.


Do you think I'm stupid, funny or just plain mad?


Here's some of the rides I went on in the theme park with my chipped wrist:

Black Mamba

I got on this one twice, would have gotten on three times if the didn't stop me from getting on 'cause my arm was tied in my scarf like a sling.




Mystery Castle:

I got on the sort of drop zone ride in this twice. My friend hung out of my sore arm walking through the place 'cause she's scared of the dark and was worried about something or someone jumping out to scare her. It was almost pitch black inside.




Talocan:

Only one other girl out of the six of us got on this ride with me. The rest took pictures and recorded us on it feeling scared by just looking at the ride and thinking I'm crazy, getting on it.

When I got off it, I told them it wasn't fast enough and didn't flip us upside down enough. They were pretty shocked when they heard me say that and thought I was even crazier then!

This is a video of the ride from Youtube:




Here's the video of my friend and I on it:


Keep looking at this side of the screen for my friend and I >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^^^

You can't see our faces or anything though - Phew! I'm second from the end and no doubt you'll make out which one is me by the big baggy bluish-grey tracksuit bottoms I'm wearing.

We also went on a double decker carousel/merry-go-round for a laugh.

The second last thing was IMax, a cinema company which had a huge simulator inside a big gold dome. The screen was right over our heads so we were looking at it in front of us and above us while a cartoon film played where we're meant to be going to Atlantis and the ride shook to make it seem as if you're falling and things like that. It was really cool!

Here's the film we saw. I'm sorry this isn't a very good quality, I got it off Youtube:




On Friday, we arrived around 11am in Dusseldorf and went to the Christmas markets there. That night, we never had the disco in the end. We went to the supermarket Rewe next to our hotel and got really cheap food and drinks.
One girl dressed up as Santa and kept bugging the three teachers by trying to talk to them.
They kept ignoring her and looking at stuff on shelves, saying things like "I don't know you! Get away from me Jane (fake name)! I'm ignoring you! Leave me alone!"
It was so funny!

When we came back, we were split into groups and had to introduce each other and sort of played the name game.

On Saturday, we went to more Christmas markets and some shops around Koln after visiting the cathedral there. The pictures the teachers took of us standing on the steps outside the cathedral are hilarious!

Some German guy just ran up, jumped in front of us for our class photo and ran off when we shouted at him that he's not part of our class so he can't be in the picture with us!
I couldn't stop laughing when that happened. I'm one of the few who has pictures of that happening 'cause my teacher kept taking photos with my camera then. Unfortunately, I can't post them because I agreed not to do that before the trip.

The cathedral was beautiful and absolutely huge. You should have seen the height!







Later that day, we went to the Lindt chocolate factory. For those of you who don't know, Lindt is a big fairly expensive brand of chocolate, even here in Ireland.

My friend and I got separated from the class for a while there which was pretty nerve-wracking as it was our first time there.

Luckily, we found them in the shop downstairs. I got most of the Christmas presents for my family in there.

We got the private bus back to the hotel. The journey took two hours.

We had spicy chicken wings and drumsticks with chips which weren't spicy at all... well at least not to me.
One friend warned me that they're really hot and she didn't like them because of that when I sat back down at our table with two wings and one drumstick (What?! I was hungry!).
A few minutes later, another friend barely ate one chicken wing and couldn't stand how spicy they were and started gulping down water.

She just looked at me in shock when I ate all three pieces of chicken without even a sip of water or one chip to get rid of the spice from my mouth!

We went ice-skating right after the meal.

I stepped out onto the ice and barely moved ten feet, holding the wall for balance, when I fell flat on my back with my arm out, hurting my wrist. I was eventually able to get up, moved a couple of feet and fell the exact same way, hurting my wrist again.
I called my friend over to help me about halfway around the rink, after I slipped and slided my way along the wall to get that far.
She pulled me out by my sore wrist - so painful! and I fell almost straight away. I kept falling every time I tried to get back up.
She tried to pull me up, I was okay for a second, then I slipped, catching my legs around her ankles and making her fall on top of me across my legs.

My wrist started hurting even worse and I got my teacher to look at it as soon as I got out of the rink.
It was really badly swollen. I had a huge lump on the back of my hand and wrist.
My teacher had to get bandages and strap it up herself as there were (unusual as it was) no paramedics in the place.

Everyone was amazed I didn't cry, moan or look for attention or pity when I got hurt even though I was in heaps of pain.

When we got back to the hotel later, my teacher came to our room to look at my wrist. She left to get me some painkillers as it was really sore.
We heard a girl from our class talking to the teacher in the hallway as she left the door wide open. The girl kept bugging the teacher for a painkiller 'cause she fell once on the ice and had a slight headache from everyone shouting.

My friend and I just looked at each other and burst out laughing when we heard what the teacher shouted at her.
It was something like "I've got a girl in there with a sprained or broken wrist! She's in a lot more pain than you so just shut up! She needs painkillers more than you!". Needless to say really, that shut her up moaning about little pains.

I really think this post is well long enough. LOL! So, before I go I have one question for you:

After reading this post, do you think I'm brave, funny or just plain crazy?

Fly on forever!

The Girl Who Could Fly

1 comments:

strawbeesplash said...

oooooooooooo
LINDT
ZOMG
I LOVE THEIR CHOCOLATE